Guess who Mrs. Espeseth is dressed as for Halloween and earn 10 bonus points. Read the clues below to find out.
- Mrs. Espeseth is dressed up as a real person. This person was born in Hannibal, Missouri and her parents were Irish.
- The mystery person Mrs. Espeseth is dressed as grew up poor but died very rich.
- Mrs. Espeseth is dressed as a person who has been portrayed in many movies because she was famous during her lifetime.
- The person that Mrs. Espeseth is dressed as believed in equal rights for workers and women, education and literacy for children, historic preservation, and commemoration of the bravery and chivalry displayed by the lost souls aboard the Titanic.
- Mrs. Espeseth is dressed as a person who received the French Legion dHonneur for her good citizenship, activism, and philanthropy in America.
- Mrs. Espeseth’s costume is an exact replica of a dress made in 1912.
Want to make a guess? Just comment below. One guess per student, so make it a good one. Check back tomorrow to see if you were right!
If you guessed the “Unsinkable” Molly Brown, then you guessed correct!
Once the Titanic began to sink, Margaret Brown helped passengers onto lifeboats. She herself was forced to evacuate the ship and boarded lifeboat #6. She and the other women rowed the boat until they were discovered by the Carpathia. There she stayed to help the survivors. Later she started Titanic Survivor’s Committee and raised almost $10,000 for survivors who had lost husbands or family.
She was never known as the “Unsinkable” Molly Brown in her lifetime that was made up after her death in the early 1930s.
The picture above is of Kathy Bates who played Margaret Brown in the movie, Titanic. Hers and Mrs. Espeseth’s are pretty similar don’t you think?